Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 6, 2012 at 3:26:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 66%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 6, 2012 at 15:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.47 meters/second, 1510.1 km/hour, 938.3 miles/hour or 815.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.64 mi||West||0° 00' 01.2"||0.03 mi||South||15.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 42.7"||938.00 mi||West||0° 01' 23.5"||1.60 mi||South||938.08 mi|
|24 hours||11° 42' 32.3"||756.92 mi||East||1° 00' 22.1"||69.21 mi||South||762.56 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Sat 5:26 AM||447 km||278 miles||241 nm||E|
|Wailuku||Sat 5:26 AM||586 km||364 miles||316 nm||E|
|Midway||Sat 4:26 AM||1743 km||1083 miles||941 nm||WNW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 5:26 AM||2166 km||1346 miles||1170 nm||SSE|
|Baker Island||Sat 3:26 AM||2769 km||1721 miles||1495 nm||SW|
|Majuro||Sun 3:26 AM||3248 km||2018 miles||1754 nm||WSW|
|Wake Island||Sun 3:26 AM||3265 km||2029 miles||1763 nm||W|
|Tarawa||Sun 3:26 AM||3454 km||2146 miles||1865 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Sun 4:26 AM||3490 km||2169 miles||1884 nm||SSW|
|Adak *||Sat 6:26 AM||3662 km||2276 miles||1978 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.