Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 6, 2012 at 3:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 66%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 6, 2012 at 15:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 419.48 meters/second, 1510.1 kilometres/hour, 938.3 miles/hour or 815.4 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.64 mi||West||0° 00' 01.3"||0.03 mi||South||15.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 42.7"||938.03 mi||West||0° 01' 24.4"||1.62 mi||South||938.10 mi|
|24 hours||11° 42' 31.8"||756.93 mi||East||1° 00' 45.4"||69.66 mi||South||762.62 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Sat 5:36 AM||697 km||433 miles||376 nm||E|
|Midway||Sat 4:36 AM||1531 km||951 miles||827 nm||NW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 5:36 AM||2243 km||1394 miles||1211 nm||SSE|
|Baker Island||Sat 3:36 AM||2630 km||1634 miles||1420 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Sun 3:36 AM||3007 km||1868 miles||1624 nm||WSW|
|Wake Island||Sun 3:36 AM||3014 km||1873 miles||1627 nm||W|
|Tarawa||Sun 3:36 AM||3252 km||2021 miles||1756 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Sun 4:36 AM||3422 km||2127 miles||1848 nm||SSW|
|Adak *||Sat 6:36 AM||3596 km||2234 miles||1942 nm||NNW|
|Unalaska *||Sat 7:36 AM||3667 km||2279 miles||1980 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.