Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, October 6, 2012 at 16:16:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 66%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:19 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:34 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 6, 2012 at 16:16:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.52 meters/second, 1510.3 km/hour, 938.4 miles/hour or 815.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.64 mi||west||0° 00' 01.3"||0.03 mi||south||15.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 42.7"||938.19 mi||west||0° 01' 28.6"||1.69 mi||south||938.27 mi|
|24 hours||11° 42' 29.7"||757.03 mi||east||1° 02' 21.3"||71.50 mi||south||762.95 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Midway||Sat 5:16 AM||866 km||538 miles||467 nm||NNW|
|Honolulu||Sat 6:16 AM||1729 km||1074 miles||934 nm||E|
|Wake Island||Sun 4:16 AM||1979 km||1230 miles||1069 nm||W|
|Majuro||Sun 4:16 AM||2162 km||1343 miles||1167 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Sat 4:16 AM||2295 km||1426 miles||1239 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Sun 4:16 AM||2543 km||1580 miles||1373 nm||SSW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 6:16 AM||2808 km||1745 miles||1516 nm||SE|
|Yaren||Sun 4:16 AM||3113 km||1934 miles||1681 nm||SW|
|Funafuti||Sun 4:16 AM||3321 km||2063 miles||1793 nm||SSW|
|Palikir||Sun 3:16 AM||3324 km||2065 miles||1795 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.