Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 6, 2012 at 4:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 66%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 6, 2012 at 16:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.54 meters/second, 1510.4 km/hour, 938.5 miles/hour or 815.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.64 mi||West||0° 00' 01.5"||0.03 mi||South||15.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 42.7"||938.17 mi||West||0° 01' 30.4"||1.73 mi||South||938.25 mi|
|24 hours||11° 42' 28.7"||756.99 mi||East||1° 03' 05.4"||72.33 mi||South||763.02 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Midway||Sat 5:36 AM||834 km||518 miles||450 nm||NNE|
|Wake Island||Sun 4:36 AM||1504 km||935 miles||812 nm||W|
|Majuro||Sun 4:36 AM||1837 km||1142 miles||992 nm||SW|
|Honolulu||Sat 6:36 AM||2203 km||1369 miles||1189 nm||E|
|Baker Island||Sat 4:36 AM||2302 km||1430 miles||1243 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Sun 4:36 AM||2316 km||1439 miles||1250 nm||SSW|
|Yaren||Sun 4:36 AM||2816 km||1750 miles||1520 nm||SW|
|Palikir||Sun 3:36 AM||2897 km||1800 miles||1564 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 6:36 AM||3158 km||1962 miles||1705 nm||SE|
|Funafuti||Sun 4:36 AM||3254 km||2022 miles||1757 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.