Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, October 6, 2012 at 16:56:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 65%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:19 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:34 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 6, 2012 at 16:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.57 meters/second, 1510.4 km/hour, 938.5 miles/hour or 815.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.64 mi||west||0° 00' 01.5"||0.03 mi||south||15.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 42.7"||938.22 mi||west||0° 01' 32.4"||1.77 mi||south||938.31 mi|
|24 hours||348° 17' 32.5"||757.01 mi||west||1° 03' 54.5"||73.27 mi||south||763.16 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Sun 4:56 AM||976 km||606 miles||527 nm||W|
|Midway||Sat 5:56 AM||1068 km||664 miles||577 nm||NE|
|Majuro||Sun 4:56 AM||1594 km||991 miles||861 nm||SSW|
|Tarawa||Sun 4:56 AM||2170 km||1349 miles||1172 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Sat 4:56 AM||2432 km||1511 miles||1313 nm||SSE|
|Palikir||Sun 3:56 AM||2448 km||1521 miles||1322 nm||SW|
|Yaren||Sun 4:56 AM||2555 km||1588 miles||1380 nm||SSW|
|Honolulu||Sat 6:56 AM||2732 km||1697 miles||1475 nm||E|
|Funafuti||Sun 4:56 AM||3268 km||2031 miles||1765 nm||S|
|Hagåtña||Sun 2:56 AM||3399 km||2112 miles||1835 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.