Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, October 6, 2012 at 16:56:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 65%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 6, 2012 at 16:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.57 meters/second, 1510.4 km/hour, 938.5 miles/hour or 815.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.64 mi||west||0° 00' 01.5"||0.03 mi||south||15.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 42.7"||938.22 mi||west||0° 01' 32.4"||1.77 mi||south||938.30 mi|
|24 hours||348° 17' 32.5"||757.01 mi||west||1° 03' 52.0"||73.22 mi||south||763.15 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Sun 4:56 AM||1003 km||624 miles||542 nm||W|
|Midway||Sat 5:56 AM||1051 km||653 miles||567 nm||NE|
|Majuro||Sun 4:56 AM||1604 km||997 miles||866 nm||SSW|
|Tarawa||Sun 4:56 AM||2175 km||1351 miles||1174 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Sat 4:56 AM||2422 km||1505 miles||1308 nm||SSE|
|Palikir||Sun 3:56 AM||2471 km||1535 miles||1334 nm||SW|
|Yaren||Sun 4:56 AM||2567 km||1595 miles||1386 nm||SSW|
|Honolulu||Sat 6:56 AM||2704 km||1680 miles||1460 nm||E|
|Funafuti||Sun 4:56 AM||3265 km||2029 miles||1763 nm||S|
|Hagåtña||Sun 2:56 AM||3427 km||2129 miles||1850 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.