Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 6, 2012 at 4:56:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 65%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 6, 2012 at 16:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.57 meters/second, 1510.4 km/hour, 938.5 miles/hour or 815.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.64 mi||West||0° 00' 01.5"||0.03 mi||South||15.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 42.7"||938.22 mi||West||0° 01' 32.4"||1.77 mi||South||938.30 mi|
|24 hours||348° 17' 32.5"||757.01 mi||West||1° 03' 52.0"||73.22 mi||South||763.15 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Sun 4:56 AM||1003 km||624 miles||542 nm||W|
|Midway||Sat 5:56 AM||1051 km||653 miles||567 nm||NE|
|Majuro||Sun 4:56 AM||1604 km||997 miles||866 nm||SSW|
|Tarawa||Sun 4:56 AM||2175 km||1351 miles||1174 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Sat 4:56 AM||2422 km||1505 miles||1308 nm||SSE|
|Palikir||Sun 3:56 AM||2471 km||1535 miles||1334 nm||SW|
|Yaren||Sun 4:56 AM||2567 km||1595 miles||1386 nm||SSW|
|Honolulu||Sat 6:56 AM||2704 km||1680 miles||1460 nm||E|
|Funafuti||Sun 4:56 AM||3265 km||2029 miles||1763 nm||S|
|Hagåtña||Sun 2:56 AM||3427 km||2129 miles||1850 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.