Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 6, 2012 at 5:26:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 65%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 6, 2012 at 17:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.60 meters/second, 1510.6 km/hour, 938.6 miles/hour or 815.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.64 mi||West||0° 00' 01.5"||0.03 mi||South||15.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 42.7"||938.30 mi||West||0° 01' 35.3"||1.82 mi||South||938.38 mi|
|24 hours||348° 17' 34.2"||757.04 mi||West||1° 05' 01.9"||74.56 mi||South||763.36 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Sun 5:26 AM||286 km||178 miles||155 nm||SW|
|Majuro||Sun 5:26 AM||1544 km||959 miles||834 nm||S|
|Midway||Sat 6:26 AM||1617 km||1005 miles||873 nm||ENE|
|Palikir||Sun 4:26 AM||1921 km||1194 miles||1037 nm||SW|
|Tarawa||Sun 5:26 AM||2194 km||1363 miles||1185 nm||SSE|
|Yaren||Sun 5:26 AM||2373 km||1475 miles||1281 nm||S|
|Hagåtña||Sun 3:26 AM||2686 km||1669 miles||1450 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Sat 5:26 AM||2785 km||1731 miles||1504 nm||SE|
|Tokyo||Sun 2:26 AM||3282 km||2039 miles||1772 nm||NW|
|Funafuti||Sun 5:26 AM||3438 km||2136 miles||1856 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.