Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 6, 2012 at 5:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 65%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 6, 2012 at 17:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 419.61 meters/second, 1510.6 kilometres/hour, 938.6 miles/hour or 815.7 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.64 mi||West||0° 00' 01.6"||0.03 mi||South||15.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 42.7"||938.33 mi||West||0° 01' 36.2"||1.84 mi||South||938.41 mi|
|24 hours||11° 42' 25.0"||757.05 mi||East||1° 05' 25.2"||75.00 mi||South||763.43 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Sun 5:36 AM||172 km||107 miles||93 nm||S|
|Majuro||Sun 5:36 AM||1610 km||1001 miles||869 nm||SSE|
|Palikir||Sun 4:36 AM||1777 km||1104 miles||960 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Sat 6:36 AM||1832 km||1139 miles||989 nm||ENE|
|Tarawa||Sun 5:36 AM||2262 km||1406 miles||1222 nm||SSE|
|Yaren||Sun 5:36 AM||2364 km||1469 miles||1277 nm||S|
|Hagåtña||Sun 3:36 AM||2442 km||1517 miles||1319 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Sat 5:36 AM||2944 km||1829 miles||1589 nm||SE|
|Tokyo||Sun 2:36 AM||3082 km||1915 miles||1664 nm||NW|
|Honiara||Sun 4:36 AM||3420 km||2125 miles||1847 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.