Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 6, 2012 at 5:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 65%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 6, 2012 at 17:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.62 meters/second, 1510.6 km/hour, 938.7 miles/hour or 815.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.64 mi||West||0° 00' 01.6"||0.03 mi||South||15.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 42.6"||938.35 mi||West||0° 01' 37.3"||1.86 mi||South||938.44 mi|
|24 hours||11° 42' 24.5"||757.06 mi||East||1° 05' 48.5"||75.45 mi||South||763.50 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Sun 5:46 AM||324 km||201 miles||175 nm||ESE|
|Palikir||Sun 4:46 AM||1661 km||1032 miles||897 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Sun 5:46 AM||1714 km||1065 miles||925 nm||SSE|
|Midway||Sat 6:46 AM||2054 km||1276 miles||1109 nm||ENE|
|Hagåtña||Sun 3:46 AM||2202 km||1368 miles||1189 nm||WSW|
|Tarawa||Sun 5:46 AM||2358 km||1465 miles||1273 nm||SSE|
|Yaren||Sun 5:46 AM||2384 km||1481 miles||1287 nm||S|
|Tokyo||Sun 2:46 AM||2886 km||1793 miles||1558 nm||NW|
|Baker Island||Sat 5:46 AM||3116 km||1936 miles||1683 nm||SE|
|Honiara||Sun 4:46 AM||3375 km||2097 miles||1822 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.