Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 6, 2012 at 5:56:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 65%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 6, 2012 at 17:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.64 meters/second, 1510.7 km/hour, 938.7 miles/hour or 815.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.64 mi||West||0° 00' 01.6"||0.03 mi||South||15.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 42.6"||938.38 mi||West||0° 01' 38.2"||1.88 mi||South||938.47 mi|
|24 hours||11° 42' 23.8"||757.07 mi||East||1° 06' 11.8"||75.89 mi||South||763.57 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Sun 5:56 AM||556 km||345 miles||300 nm||ESE|
|Palikir||Sun 4:56 AM||1581 km||982 miles||853 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Sun 5:56 AM||1849 km||1149 miles||998 nm||SE|
|Hagåtña||Sun 3:56 AM||1965 km||1221 miles||1061 nm||WSW|
|Midway||Sat 6:56 AM||2280 km||1417 miles||1231 nm||ENE|
|Yaren||Sun 5:56 AM||2433 km||1512 miles||1314 nm||SSE|
|Tarawa||Sun 5:56 AM||2478 km||1540 miles||1338 nm||SSE|
|Tokyo||Sun 2:56 AM||2697 km||1676 miles||1456 nm||NW|
|Melekeok||Sun 2:56 AM||3254 km||2022 miles||1757 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Sat 5:56 AM||3301 km||2051 miles||1782 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.