Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 6, 2012 at 6:06:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 65%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 6, 2012 at 18:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.65 meters/second, 1510.7 km/hour, 938.7 miles/hour or 815.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.65 mi||West||0° 00' 01.6"||0.03 mi||South||15.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 42.6"||938.41 mi||West||0° 01' 39.3"||1.90 mi||South||938.50 mi|
|24 hours||11° 42' 23.2"||757.09 mi||East||1° 06' 35.0"||76.34 mi||South||763.64 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Sun 6:06 AM||800 km||497 miles||432 nm||E|
|Palikir||Sun 5:06 AM||1541 km||957 miles||832 nm||S|
|Hagåtña||Sun 4:06 AM||1734 km||1077 miles||936 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Sun 6:06 AM||1991 km||1237 miles||1075 nm||SE|
|Yokohama||Sun 3:06 AM||2503 km||1555 miles||1352 nm||NW|
|Yaren||Sun 6:06 AM||2507 km||1558 miles||1354 nm||SSE|
|Midway||Sat 7:06 AM||2510 km||1559 miles||1355 nm||ENE|
|Tokyo||Sun 3:06 AM||2515 km||1563 miles||1358 nm||NW|
|Tarawa||Sun 6:06 AM||2619 km||1627 miles||1414 nm||SE|
|Melekeok||Sun 3:06 AM||3024 km||1879 miles||1633 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.