Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 6, 2012 at 6:26:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 65%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 6, 2012 at 18:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.67 meters/second, 1510.8 km/hour, 938.8 miles/hour or 815.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.65 mi||West||0° 00' 01.6"||0.03 mi||South||15.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 42.6"||938.46 mi||West||0° 01' 41.1"||1.93 mi||South||938.55 mi|
|24 hours||11° 42' 21.8"||757.11 mi||East||1° 07' 21.5"||77.23 mi||South||763.78 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Sun 6:26 AM||1299 km||807 miles||701 nm||E|
|Hagåtña||Sun 4:26 AM||1302 km||809 miles||703 nm||SW|
|Palikir||Sun 5:26 AM||1590 km||988 miles||859 nm||SSE|
|Yokohama||Sun 3:26 AM||2172 km||1350 miles||1173 nm||NW|
|Tokyo||Sun 3:26 AM||2183 km||1356 miles||1179 nm||NW|
|Nagoya||Sun 3:26 AM||2333 km||1450 miles||1260 nm||NW|
|Majuro||Sun 6:26 AM||2382 km||1480 miles||1286 nm||SE|
|Osaka||Sun 3:26 AM||2403 km||1493 miles||1297 nm||NW|
|Kyoto||Sun 3:26 AM||2406 km||1495 miles||1299 nm||NW|
|Kobe||Sun 3:26 AM||2427 km||1508 miles||1311 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.