Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 6, 2012 at 6:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 65%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 6, 2012 at 18:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 419.69 meters/second, 1510.9 kilometres/hour, 938.8 miles/hour or 815.8 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.65 mi||West||0° 00' 01.7"||0.03 mi||South||15.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 42.6"||938.49 mi||West||0° 01' 42.2"||1.95 mi||South||938.58 mi|
|24 hours||11° 42' 21.2"||757.12 mi||East||1° 07' 44.8"||77.67 mi||South||763.85 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Sun 4:36 AM||899 km||559 miles||486 nm||SW|
|Hagåtña||Sun 4:36 AM||1112 km||691 miles||600 nm||SW|
|Wake Island||Sun 6:36 AM||1550 km||963 miles||837 nm||E|
|Palikir||Sun 5:36 AM||1676 km||1042 miles||905 nm||SSE|
|Yokohama||Sun 3:36 AM||2023 km||1257 miles||1093 nm||NW|
|Tokyo||Sun 3:36 AM||2037 km||1265 miles||1100 nm||NNW|
|Nagoya||Sun 3:36 AM||2167 km||1346 miles||1170 nm||NW|
|Osaka||Sun 3:36 AM||2226 km||1383 miles||1202 nm||NW|
|Kyoto||Sun 3:36 AM||2233 km||1387 miles||1206 nm||NW|
|Kobe||Sun 3:36 AM||2250 km||1398 miles||1215 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.