Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, October 6, 2012 at 18:36:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 65%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:19 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:34 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 6, 2012 at 18:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.69 meters/second, 1510.9 km/hour, 938.8 miles/hour or 815.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.65 mi||west||0° 00' 01.7"||0.03 mi||south||15.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 42.6"||938.50 mi||west||0° 01' 42.2"||1.96 mi||south||938.59 mi|
|24 hours||11° 42' 21.1"||757.12 mi||east||1° 07' 47.3"||77.72 mi||south||763.86 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Sun 4:36 AM||879 km||546 miles||475 nm||SW|
|Hagåtña||Sun 4:36 AM||1092 km||679 miles||590 nm||SW|
|Wake Island||Sun 6:36 AM||1578 km||981 miles||852 nm||E|
|Palikir||Sun 5:36 AM||1689 km||1049 miles||912 nm||SSE|
|Yokohama||Sun 3:36 AM||2003 km||1245 miles||1082 nm||NNW|
|Tokyo||Sun 3:36 AM||2021 km||1256 miles||1091 nm||NNW|
|Nagoya||Sun 3:36 AM||2149 km||1335 miles||1160 nm||NW|
|Osaka||Sun 3:36 AM||2207 km||1371 miles||1192 nm||NW|
|Kyoto||Sun 3:36 AM||2214 km||1376 miles||1195 nm||NW|
|Kobe||Sun 3:36 AM||2232 km||1387 miles||1205 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.