Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 6, 2012 at 7:10:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 64%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 6, 2012 at 19:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.73 meters/second, 1511.0 km/hour, 938.9 miles/hour or 815.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.65 mi||West||0° 00' 01.7"||0.03 mi||South||15.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 42.6"||938.59 mi||West||0° 01' 45.5"||2.02 mi||South||938.68 mi|
|24 hours||11° 42' 18.7"||757.15 mi||East||1° 09' 03.7"||79.18 mi||South||764.09 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Sun 5:10 AM||655 km||407 miles||354 nm||SSE|
|Hagåtña||Sun 5:10 AM||816 km||507 miles||441 nm||S|
|Hamamatsu||Sun 4:10 AM||1651 km||1026 miles||891 nm||NNW|
|Shizuoka||Sun 4:10 AM||1658 km||1030 miles||895 nm||NNW|
|Yokohama||Sun 4:10 AM||1673 km||1040 miles||904 nm||NNW|
|Kawasaki||Sun 4:10 AM||1681 km||1044 miles||908 nm||NNW|
|Sagamihara||Sun 4:10 AM||1693 km||1052 miles||914 nm||NNW|
|Tokyo||Sun 4:10 AM||1698 km||1055 miles||917 nm||NNW|
|Nagoya||Sun 4:10 AM||1728 km||1074 miles||933 nm||NNW|
|Osaka||Sun 4:10 AM||1736 km||1079 miles||938 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.