Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 6, 2012 at 7:26:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 64%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 6, 2012 at 19:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.75 meters/second, 1511.1 km/hour, 939.0 miles/hour or 815.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.65 mi||West||0° 00' 01.7"||0.03 mi||South||15.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 42.6"||938.64 mi||West||0° 01' 47.0"||2.05 mi||South||938.73 mi|
|24 hours||11° 42' 17.5"||757.17 mi||East||1° 09' 40.9"||79.89 mi||South||764.20 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Sun 5:26 AM||880 km||547 miles||475 nm||SE|
|Hagåtña||Sun 5:26 AM||963 km||598 miles||520 nm||SSE|
|Hamamatsu||Sun 4:26 AM||1558 km||968 miles||841 nm||N|
|Melekeok||Sun 4:26 AM||1571 km||976 miles||848 nm||SSW|
|Shizuoka||Sun 4:26 AM||1581 km||982 miles||854 nm||N|
|Osaka||Sun 4:26 AM||1599 km||994 miles||863 nm||NNW|
|Kobe||Sun 4:26 AM||1608 km||999 miles||868 nm||NNW|
|Kumamoto||Sun 4:26 AM||1610 km||1001 miles||869 nm||NNW|
|Nagoya||Sun 4:26 AM||1621 km||1007 miles||875 nm||N|
|Yokohama||Sun 4:26 AM||1628 km||1011 miles||879 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.