Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 6, 2012 at 7:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 64%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 6, 2012 at 19:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 419.77 meters/second, 1511.2 kilometres/hour, 939.0 miles/hour or 816.0 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.65 mi||West||0° 00' 01.8"||0.03 mi||South||15.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 42.6"||938.67 mi||West||0° 01' 48.0"||2.07 mi||South||938.76 mi|
|24 hours||11° 42' 16.8"||757.18 mi||East||1° 10' 04.1"||80.34 mi||South||764.28 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hagåtña||Sun 5:36 AM||1123 km||698 miles||606 nm||SE|
|Kagoshima||Sun 4:36 AM||1380 km||858 miles||745 nm||NNW|
|Kumamoto||Sun 4:36 AM||1490 km||926 miles||804 nm||NNW|
|Melekeok||Sun 4:36 AM||1498 km||931 miles||809 nm||SSW|
|Hamamatsu||Sun 4:36 AM||1546 km||960 miles||835 nm||N|
|Osaka||Sun 4:36 AM||1554 km||965 miles||839 nm||N|
|Kobe||Sun 4:36 AM||1559 km||968 miles||842 nm||N|
|Shizuoka||Sun 4:36 AM||1578 km||981 miles||852 nm||N|
|Fukuoka||Sun 4:36 AM||1580 km||982 miles||853 nm||NNW|
|Kyoto||Sun 4:36 AM||1588 km||987 miles||857 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.