Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, October 6, 2012 at 19:46:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 64%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 6, 2012 at 19:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.78 meters/second, 1511.2 km/hour, 939.0 miles/hour or 816.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.65 mi||west||0° 00' 01.8"||0.03 mi||south||15.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 42.6"||938.70 mi||west||0° 01' 49.0"||2.08 mi||south||938.80 mi|
|24 hours||11° 42' 16.0"||757.19 mi||east||1° 10' 27.4"||80.78 mi||south||764.35 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kagoshima||Sun 4:46 AM||1278 km||794 miles||690 nm||NNW|
|Hagåtña||Sun 5:46 AM||1315 km||817 miles||710 nm||SE|
|Kumamoto||Sun 4:46 AM||1400 km||870 miles||756 nm||NNW|
|Taipei||Sun 3:46 AM||1460 km||907 miles||788 nm||WNW|
|Melekeok||Sun 4:46 AM||1468 km||912 miles||792 nm||S|
|Fukuoka||Sun 4:46 AM||1500 km||932 miles||810 nm||NNW|
|Kitakyushu||Sun 4:46 AM||1509 km||938 miles||815 nm||NNW|
|Osaka||Sun 4:46 AM||1542 km||958 miles||833 nm||N|
|Kobe||Sun 4:46 AM||1543 km||959 miles||833 nm||N|
|Hamamatsu||Sun 4:46 AM||1569 km||975 miles||847 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.