Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 6, 2012 at 8:10:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 64%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 6, 2012 at 20:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.81 meters/second, 1511.3 km/hour, 939.1 miles/hour or 816.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.65 mi||West||0° 00' 01.8"||0.03 mi||South||15.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 42.6"||938.77 mi||West||0° 01' 51.4"||2.13 mi||South||938.87 mi|
|24 hours||11° 42' 14.3"||757.22 mi||East||1° 11' 23.2"||81.84 mi||South||764.52 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Naha||Sun 5:10 AM||624 km||388 miles||337 nm||NNW|
|Taipei||Sun 4:10 AM||919 km||571 miles||496 nm||WNW|
|Taoyuan City||Sun 4:10 AM||934 km||580 miles||504 nm||WNW|
|Kaohsiung||Sun 4:10 AM||937 km||582 miles||506 nm||WNW|
|Taichung||Sun 4:10 AM||956 km||594 miles||516 nm||WNW|
|Quezon||Sun 4:10 AM||1090 km||677 miles||589 nm||SW|
|Manila||Sun 4:10 AM||1105 km||686 miles||596 nm||SW|
|Foochow||Sun 4:10 AM||1169 km||726 miles||631 nm||WNW|
|Kagoshima||Sun 5:10 AM||1209 km||751 miles||653 nm||N|
|Xiamen||Sun 4:10 AM||1213 km||753 miles||655 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.