Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 6, 2012 at 10:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 63%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 6, 2012 at 22:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 420.04 meters/second, 1512.2 kilometres/hour, 939.6 miles/hour or 816.5 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.66 mi||West||0° 00' 02.1"||0.04 mi||South||15.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 42.8"||939.29 mi||West||0° 02' 06.7"||2.42 mi||South||939.41 mi|
|24 hours||11° 42' 01.1"||757.40 mi||East||1° 17' 24.5"||88.75 mi||South||765.70 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Chittagong||Sun 4:46 AM||189 km||117 miles||102 nm||NNE|
|Barisal||Sun 4:46 AM||252 km||157 miles||136 nm||NNW|
|Chandpur||Sun 4:46 AM||295 km||183 miles||159 nm||NNW|
|Khulna||Sun 4:46 AM||309 km||192 miles||167 nm||NW|
|Comilla||Sun 4:46 AM||311 km||193 miles||168 nm||N|
|Dhaka||Sun 4:46 AM||355 km||220 miles||191 nm||NNW|
|Jessore||Sun 4:46 AM||361 km||224 miles||195 nm||NW|
|Kolkata||Sun 4:16 AM||384 km||239 miles||208 nm||NW|
|Howrah||Sun 4:16 AM||387 km||241 miles||209 nm||NW|
|Tangail||Sun 4:46 AM||427 km||265 miles||231 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.