Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 6, 2012 at 11:16:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 63%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 6, 2012 at 23:16:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.09 meters/second, 1512.3 km/hour, 939.7 miles/hour or 816.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.66 mi||West||0° 00' 02.1"||0.04 mi||South||15.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 42.8"||939.40 mi||West||0° 02' 09.5"||2.48 mi||South||939.52 mi|
|24 hours||11° 41' 58.4"||757.44 mi||East||1° 18' 33.9"||90.07 mi||South||765.93 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Boudh||Sun 4:46 AM||17 km||10 miles||9 nm||SSE|
|Phulbani||Sun 4:46 AM||19 km||12 miles||11 nm||SSE|
|Sonepur||Sun 4:46 AM||69 km||43 miles||37 nm||WSW|
|Sambalpur||Sun 4:46 AM||73 km||45 miles||40 nm||NNE|
|Balangir||Sun 4:46 AM||74 km||46 miles||40 nm||W|
|Bargarh||Sun 4:46 AM||80 km||50 miles||43 nm||NNW|
|Angul||Sun 4:46 AM||97 km||60 miles||52 nm||ENE|
|Debagarh||Sun 4:46 AM||113 km||70 miles||61 nm||NNE|
|Nayagarh||Sun 4:46 AM||115 km||71 miles||62 nm||ESE|
|Kendujhar||Sun 4:46 AM||128 km||79 miles||69 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.