Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 6, 2012 at 11:56:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 63%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 6, 2012 at 23:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 420.16 meters/second, 1512.6 kilometres/hour, 939.9 miles/hour or 816.7 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.66 mi||West||0° 00' 02.1"||0.04 mi||South||15.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 42.9"||939.55 mi||West||0° 02' 13.5"||2.55 mi||South||939.67 mi|
|24 hours||11° 41' 54.7"||757.49 mi||East||1° 20' 06.3"||91.84 mi||South||766.25 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Dhule||Sun 5:26 AM||40 km||25 miles||22 nm||NE|
|Sakri||Sun 5:26 AM||46 km||28 miles||25 nm||NNW|
|Amalner||Sun 5:26 AM||73 km||46 miles||40 nm||NE|
|Nandurbar||Sun 5:26 AM||87 km||54 miles||47 nm||NNW|
|Shirdi||Sun 5:26 AM||95 km||59 miles||51 nm||S|
|Nashik||Sun 5:26 AM||102 km||64 miles||55 nm||SW|
|Jalgaon||Sun 5:26 AM||117 km||73 miles||63 nm||ENE|
|Khargone||Sun 5:26 AM||130 km||81 miles||70 nm||NE|
|Bhusawal||Sun 5:26 AM||141 km||88 miles||76 nm||ENE|
|Aurangabad||Sun 5:26 AM||142 km||88 miles||77 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.