Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 1:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 62%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 01:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.30 meters/second, 1513.1 km/hour, 940.2 miles/hour or 817.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.67 mi||West||0° 00' 02.3"||0.04 mi||South||15.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 43.1"||939.88 mi||West||0° 02' 21.6"||2.71 mi||South||940.00 mi|
|24 hours||11° 41' 46.2"||757.60 mi||East||1° 23' 19.8"||95.54 mi||South||766.93 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Salalah||Sun 5:20 AM||394 km||245 miles||213 nm||S|
|Nizwa||Sun 5:20 AM||433 km||269 miles||234 nm||NE|
|Abu Dhabi||Sun 5:20 AM||433 km||269 miles||234 nm||N|
|Dubai||Sun 5:20 AM||532 km||331 miles||287 nm||NNE|
|Seeb||Sun 5:20 AM||536 km||333 miles||290 nm||NE|
|Sharjah||Sun 5:20 AM||546 km||339 miles||295 nm||NNE|
|Muscat||Sun 5:20 AM||560 km||348 miles||302 nm||NE|
|Doha||Sun 4:20 AM||589 km||366 miles||318 nm||NNW|
|Al Khor||Sun 4:20 AM||630 km||392 miles||340 nm||NNW|
|Al-Jamiliyah||Sun 4:20 AM||644 km||400 miles||348 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.