Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 1:30:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 62%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 01:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.32 meters/second, 1513.2 km/hour, 940.2 miles/hour or 817.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.67 mi||West||0° 00' 02.3"||0.04 mi||South||15.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 43.1"||939.92 mi||West||0° 02' 22.7"||2.73 mi||South||940.04 mi|
|24 hours||11° 41' 45.3"||757.61 mi||East||1° 23' 42.9"||95.98 mi||South||767.01 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Salalah||Sun 5:30 AM||463 km||287 miles||250 nm||SSE|
|Abu Dhabi||Sun 5:30 AM||508 km||316 miles||274 nm||NNE|
|Doha||Sun 4:30 AM||523 km||325 miles||282 nm||N|
|Al-Jamiliyah||Sun 4:30 AM||565 km||351 miles||305 nm||N|
|Al Khor||Sun 4:30 AM||568 km||353 miles||307 nm||N|
|Al Ain||Sun 5:30 AM||574 km||357 miles||310 nm||NE|
|Hofuf||Sun 4:30 AM||580 km||360 miles||313 nm||NNW|
|Riffa||Sun 4:30 AM||629 km||391 miles||340 nm||N|
|Dubai||Sun 5:30 AM||633 km||394 miles||342 nm||NE|
|Manama||Sun 4:30 AM||639 km||397 miles||345 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.