Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 3:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 61%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 03:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 420.56 meters/second, 1514.0 kilometres/hour, 940.8 miles/hour or 817.5 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.68 mi||West||0° 00' 02.5"||0.05 mi||South||15.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 43.3"||940.44 mi||West||0° 02' 35.0"||2.96 mi||South||940.58 mi|
|24 hours||11° 41' 31.7"||757.79 mi||East||1° 28' 32.4"||101.51 mi||South||768.07 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Faya-Largeau||Sun 4:36 AM||366 km||227 miles||197 nm||SW|
|Fada||Sun 4:36 AM||366 km||227 miles||198 nm||S|
|Kufra||Sun 5:36 AM||460 km||286 miles||248 nm||NNE|
|Abéché||Sun 4:36 AM||737 km||458 miles||398 nm||S|
|Sabha||Sun 5:36 AM||1009 km||627 miles||545 nm||NW|
|Ndjamena||Sun 4:36 AM||1142 km||709 miles||616 nm||SW|
|Khartoum||Sun 6:36 AM||1305 km||811 miles||705 nm||ESE|
|Cairo||Sun 5:36 AM||1456 km||904 miles||786 nm||NE|
|Alexandria||Sun 5:36 AM||1470 km||913 miles||794 nm||NE|
|Tripoli||Sun 5:36 AM||1594 km||991 miles||861 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.