Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 4:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 61%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 04:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 420.67 meters/second, 1514.4 kilometres/hour, 941.0 miles/hour or 817.7 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.68 mi||West||0° 00' 02.5"||0.05 mi||South||15.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 43.4"||940.71 mi||West||0° 02' 40.8"||3.07 mi||South||940.85 mi|
|24 hours||11° 41' 24.7"||757.88 mi||East||1° 30' 49.9"||104.13 mi||South||768.59 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Arlit||Sun 5:36 AM||198 km||123 miles||107 nm||SSE|
|Tamanrasset||Sun 5:36 AM||292 km||181 miles||158 nm||NNW|
|Agadez||Sun 5:36 AM||404 km||251 miles||218 nm||SSE|
|Maradi||Sun 5:36 AM||769 km||478 miles||415 nm||S|
|Zinder||Sun 5:36 AM||770 km||478 miles||416 nm||SSE|
|Niamey||Sun 5:36 AM||914 km||568 miles||494 nm||SSW|
|Kano||Sun 5:36 AM||953 km||592 miles||514 nm||SSE|
|Timbuktu||Sun 4:36 AM||1111 km||690 miles||600 nm||WSW|
|Ouagadougou||Sun 4:36 AM||1259 km||782 miles||680 nm||SW|
|Abuja||Sun 5:36 AM||1260 km||783 miles||680 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.