Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 5:16:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 61%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 05:16:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.75 meters/second, 1514.7 km/hour, 941.2 miles/hour or 817.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.69 mi||West||0° 00' 02.7"||0.05 mi||South||15.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 43.5"||940.89 mi||West||0° 02' 44.6"||3.15 mi||South||941.04 mi|
|24 hours||11° 41' 20.1"||757.94 mi||East||1° 32' 21.6"||105.88 mi||South||768.94 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Timbuktu||Sun 5:16 AM||402 km||250 miles||217 nm||S|
|Ouahigouya||Sun 5:16 AM||758 km||471 miles||409 nm||S|
|Ouagadougou||Sun 5:16 AM||901 km||560 miles||487 nm||S|
|Koudougou||Sun 5:16 AM||904 km||562 miles||488 nm||S|
|Tamanrasset||Sun 6:16 AM||909 km||565 miles||491 nm||ENE|
|Tidjikja||Sun 5:16 AM||921 km||572 miles||497 nm||WSW|
|Koutiala||Sun 5:16 AM||929 km||578 miles||502 nm||SSW|
|Niamey||Sun 6:16 AM||930 km||578 miles||502 nm||SE|
|Bamako||Sun 5:16 AM||1018 km||632 miles||550 nm||SSW|
|El Aaiún||Sun 5:16 AM||1289 km||801 miles||696 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.