Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 5:26:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 60%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 05:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 420.78 meters/second, 1514.8 kilometres/hour, 941.2 miles/hour or 817.9 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.69 mi||West||0° 00' 02.7"||0.05 mi||South||15.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 43.6"||940.94 mi||West||0° 02' 45.7"||3.17 mi||South||941.08 mi|
|24 hours||11° 41' 18.9"||757.95 mi||East||1° 32' 44.4"||106.32 mi||South||769.03 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Timbuktu||Sun 5:26 AM||468 km||291 miles||253 nm||SSE|
|Tidjikja||Sun 5:26 AM||675 km||420 miles||365 nm||WSW|
|Ouahigouya||Sun 5:26 AM||815 km||506 miles||440 nm||SSE|
|Koutiala||Sun 5:26 AM||887 km||551 miles||479 nm||S|
|Bamako||Sun 5:26 AM||905 km||562 miles||489 nm||SSW|
|Koudougou||Sun 5:26 AM||955 km||593 miles||515 nm||SSE|
|Smara||Sun 5:26 AM||957 km||595 miles||517 nm||NW|
|Ouagadougou||Sun 5:26 AM||976 km||606 miles||527 nm||SSE|
|Sikasso||Sun 5:26 AM||1006 km||625 miles||543 nm||S|
|Niamey||Sun 6:26 AM||1097 km||682 miles||592 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.