Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 05:26:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 60%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:19 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:34 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 05:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.78 meters/second, 1514.8 km/hour, 941.3 miles/hour or 817.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.69 mi||west||0° 00' 02.7"||0.05 mi||south||15.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 43.6"||941.01 mi||west||0° 02' 45.8"||3.17 mi||south||941.15 mi|
|24 hours||11° 41' 18.6"||758.01 mi||east||1° 32' 46.9"||106.38 mi||south||769.09 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tidjikja||Sun 5:26 AM||648 km||403 miles||350 nm||WSW|
|Ouahigouya||Sun 5:26 AM||826 km||513 miles||446 nm||SSE|
|Tindouf||Sun 6:26 AM||846 km||526 miles||457 nm||NNW|
|Koutiala||Sun 5:26 AM||887 km||551 miles||479 nm||S|
|Bamako||Sun 5:26 AM||896 km||557 miles||484 nm||SSW|
|Dori||Sun 5:26 AM||918 km||571 miles||496 nm||SE|
|Smara||Sun 5:26 AM||939 km||583 miles||507 nm||NW|
|Koudougou||Sun 5:26 AM||964 km||599 miles||521 nm||SSE|
|Ouagadougou||Sun 5:26 AM||988 km||614 miles||533 nm||SSE|
|Sikasso||Sun 5:26 AM||1006 km||625 miles||543 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.