Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 5:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 60%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 05:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.80 meters/second, 1514.9 km/hour, 941.3 miles/hour or 818.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.69 mi||West||0° 00' 02.7"||0.05 mi||South||15.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 43.6"||940.98 mi||West||0° 02' 46.6"||3.18 mi||South||941.13 mi|
|24 hours||11° 41' 17.7"||757.97 mi||East||1° 33' 07.2"||106.76 mi||South||769.12 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tidjikja||Sun 5:36 AM||440 km||273 miles||237 nm||WSW|
|Timbuktu||Sun 5:36 AM||638 km||397 miles||345 nm||SE|
|Tindouf||Sun 6:36 AM||807 km||502 miles||436 nm||N|
|Smara||Sun 5:36 AM||811 km||504 miles||438 nm||NNW|
|Bamako||Sun 5:36 AM||858 km||533 miles||463 nm||S|
|Nouakchott||Sun 5:36 AM||905 km||562 miles||489 nm||WSW|
|Koutiala||Sun 5:36 AM||918 km||570 miles||496 nm||SSE|
|Dakhla||Sun 5:36 AM||924 km||574 miles||499 nm||WNW|
|El Aaiún||Sun 5:36 AM||934 km||580 miles||504 nm||NW|
|Cape Bojador||Sun 5:36 AM||939 km||584 miles||507 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.