Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 05:56:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 60%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:19 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:34 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 05:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.84 meters/second, 1515.0 km/hour, 941.4 miles/hour or 818.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.69 mi||west||0° 00' 02.7"||0.05 mi||south||15.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 43.8"||941.15 mi||west||0° 02' 48.6"||3.22 mi||south||941.30 mi|
|24 hours||11° 41' 15.0"||758.05 mi||east||1° 33' 55.4"||107.69 mi||south||769.36 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tidjikja||Sun 5:56 AM||249 km||155 miles||135 nm||SE|
|Nouakchott||Sun 5:56 AM||417 km||259 miles||225 nm||SW|
|Nouadhibou||Sun 5:56 AM||443 km||275 miles||239 nm||W|
|Dakhla||Sun 5:56 AM||488 km||303 miles||264 nm||NW|
|Rosso||Sun 5:56 AM||531 km||330 miles||287 nm||SW|
|Saint-Louis||Sun 5:56 AM||619 km||385 miles||334 nm||SW|
|Cape Bojador||Sun 5:56 AM||659 km||410 miles||356 nm||NNW|
|Touba||Sun 5:56 AM||691 km||429 miles||373 nm||SSW|
|Smara||Sun 5:56 AM||715 km||444 miles||386 nm||N|
|Tambacounda||Sun 5:56 AM||737 km||458 miles||398 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.