Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 07:54:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 60%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:19 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:34 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 07:54:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.10 meters/second, 1516.0 km/hour, 942.0 miles/hour or 818.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.70 mi||west||0° 00' 03.0"||0.06 mi||south||15.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 44.0"||941.66 mi||west||0° 03' 00.0"||3.44 mi||south||941.82 mi|
|24 hours||11° 41' 00.2"||758.19 mi||east||1° 38' 24.4"||112.82 mi||south||770.38 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Praia||Sun 6:54 AM||1984 km||1233 miles||1071 nm||ESE|
|Cayenne||Sun 4:54 AM||2072 km||1287 miles||1119 nm||SW|
|Bridgetown||Sun 3:54 AM||2101 km||1305 miles||1134 nm||WSW|
|Fort-de-France||Sun 3:54 AM||2184 km||1357 miles||1179 nm||WSW|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Sun 3:54 AM||2187 km||1359 miles||1181 nm||W|
|Paramaribo||Sun 4:54 AM||2188 km||1359 miles||1181 nm||SW|
|Roseau||Sun 3:54 AM||2191 km||1361 miles||1183 nm||WSW|
|Castries||Sun 3:54 AM||2197 km||1365 miles||1187 nm||WSW|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Sun 3:54 AM||2205 km||1370 miles||1191 nm||W|
|Kingstown||Sun 3:54 AM||2258 km||1403 miles||1219 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.