Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 8:00:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 60%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 08:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.11 meters/second, 1516.0 km/hour, 942.0 miles/hour or 818.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.70 mi||West||0° 00' 03.0"||0.06 mi||South||15.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 44.0"||941.68 mi||West||0° 03' 00.5"||3.45 mi||South||941.84 mi|
|24 hours||11° 40' 59.5"||758.20 mi||East||1° 38' 35.5"||113.03 mi||South||770.43 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bridgetown||Sun 4:00 AM||1985 km||1233 miles||1072 nm||WSW|
|Cayenne||Sun 5:00 AM||2001 km||1243 miles||1080 nm||SSW|
|Fort-de-France||Sun 4:00 AM||2064 km||1283 miles||1114 nm||WSW|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Sun 4:00 AM||2064 km||1283 miles||1114 nm||W|
|Roseau||Sun 4:00 AM||2071 km||1287 miles||1118 nm||WSW|
|Castries||Sun 4:00 AM||2080 km||1292 miles||1123 nm||WSW|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Sun 4:00 AM||2083 km||1294 miles||1125 nm||W|
|Paramaribo||Sun 5:00 AM||2102 km||1306 miles||1135 nm||SW|
|Praia||Sun 7:00 AM||2104 km||1308 miles||1136 nm||ESE|
|Kingstown||Sun 4:00 AM||2140 km||1330 miles||1156 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.