Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 08:00:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 60%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 08:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.11 meters/second, 1516.0 km/hour, 942.0 miles/hour or 818.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.70 mi||west||0° 00' 03.0"||0.06 mi||south||15.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 44.0"||941.68 mi||west||0° 03' 00.5"||3.45 mi||south||941.84 mi|
|24 hours||11° 40' 59.5"||758.20 mi||east||1° 38' 35.5"||113.03 mi||south||770.43 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bridgetown||Sun 4:00 AM||1985 km||1233 miles||1072 nm||WSW|
|Cayenne||Sun 5:00 AM||2001 km||1243 miles||1080 nm||SSW|
|Fort-de-France||Sun 4:00 AM||2064 km||1283 miles||1114 nm||WSW|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Sun 4:00 AM||2065 km||1283 miles||1115 nm||W|
|Roseau||Sun 4:00 AM||2070 km||1286 miles||1118 nm||WSW|
|Castries||Sun 4:00 AM||2079 km||1292 miles||1122 nm||WSW|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Sun 4:00 AM||2083 km||1294 miles||1125 nm||W|
|Paramaribo||Sun 5:00 AM||2102 km||1306 miles||1135 nm||SW|
|Praia||Sun 7:00 AM||2104 km||1307 miles||1136 nm||ESE|
|Kingstown||Sun 4:00 AM||2140 km||1330 miles||1156 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.