Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 08:10:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 60%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 08:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.13 meters/second, 1516.1 km/hour, 942.0 miles/hour or 818.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.70 mi||west||0° 00' 03.0"||0.06 mi||south||15.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 44.1"||941.74 mi||west||0° 03' 01.5"||3.47 mi||south||941.89 mi|
|24 hours||11° 40' 58.4"||758.22 mi||east||1° 38' 58.4"||113.46 mi||south||770.52 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bridgetown||Sun 4:10 AM||1751 km||1088 miles||946 nm||WSW|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Sun 4:10 AM||1814 km||1127 miles||979 nm||W|
|Fort-de-France||Sun 4:10 AM||1821 km||1132 miles||983 nm||WSW|
|Roseau||Sun 4:10 AM||1824 km||1134 miles||985 nm||WSW|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Sun 4:10 AM||1835 km||1140 miles||991 nm||WSW|
|Castries||Sun 4:10 AM||1838 km||1142 miles||992 nm||WSW|
|Cayenne||Sun 5:10 AM||1875 km||1165 miles||1012 nm||SSW|
|Basseterre (St. Kitts)||Sun 4:10 AM||1899 km||1180 miles||1025 nm||W|
|Kingstown||Sun 4:10 AM||1903 km||1182 miles||1027 nm||WSW|
|Paramaribo||Sun 5:10 AM||1942 km||1207 miles||1049 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.