Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 8:10:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 60%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 08:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.13 meters/second, 1516.1 km/hour, 942.0 miles/hour or 818.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.70 mi||West||0° 00' 03.0"||0.06 mi||South||15.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 44.1"||941.74 mi||West||0° 03' 01.5"||3.47 mi||South||941.89 mi|
|24 hours||11° 40' 58.4"||758.22 mi||East||1° 38' 58.4"||113.46 mi||South||770.52 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bridgetown||Sun 4:10 AM||1751 km||1088 miles||946 nm||WSW|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Sun 4:10 AM||1813 km||1127 miles||979 nm||W|
|Fort-de-France||Sun 4:10 AM||1821 km||1132 miles||983 nm||WSW|
|Roseau||Sun 4:10 AM||1825 km||1134 miles||985 nm||WSW|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Sun 4:10 AM||1835 km||1140 miles||991 nm||WSW|
|Castries||Sun 4:10 AM||1839 km||1143 miles||993 nm||WSW|
|Cayenne||Sun 5:10 AM||1875 km||1165 miles||1012 nm||SSW|
|Basseterre (St. Kitts)||Sun 4:10 AM||1900 km||1180 miles||1026 nm||W|
|Kingstown||Sun 4:10 AM||1903 km||1182 miles||1027 nm||WSW|
|Paramaribo||Sun 5:10 AM||1942 km||1207 miles||1049 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.