Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 8:30:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 59%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 08:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.18 meters/second, 1516.2 km/hour, 942.1 miles/hour or 818.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.70 mi||West||0° 00' 03.0"||0.06 mi||South||15.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 44.2"||941.84 mi||West||0° 03' 03.4"||3.51 mi||South||942.00 mi|
|24 hours||11° 40' 55.7"||758.25 mi||East||1° 39' 43.7"||114.33 mi||South||770.71 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bridgetown||Sun 4:30 AM||1312 km||815 miles||708 nm||SW|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Sun 4:30 AM||1316 km||818 miles||711 nm||WSW|
|Roseau||Sun 4:30 AM||1345 km||836 miles||726 nm||WSW|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Sun 4:30 AM||1347 km||837 miles||727 nm||WSW|
|Fort-de-France||Sun 4:30 AM||1350 km||839 miles||729 nm||WSW|
|Castries||Sun 4:30 AM||1376 km||855 miles||743 nm||WSW|
|Basseterre (St. Kitts)||Sun 4:30 AM||1400 km||870 miles||756 nm||WSW|
|Kingstown||Sun 4:30 AM||1449 km||900 miles||782 nm||WSW|
|Saint George's||Sun 4:30 AM||1566 km||973 miles||846 nm||WSW|
|Port of Spain||Sun 4:30 AM||1644 km||1021 miles||888 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.