Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 8:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 59%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 08:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.19 meters/second, 1516.3 km/hour, 942.2 miles/hour or 818.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.70 mi||West||0° 00' 03.0"||0.06 mi||South||15.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 44.2"||941.86 mi||West||0° 03' 03.8"||3.51 mi||South||942.02 mi|
|24 hours||11° 40' 55.2"||758.26 mi||East||1° 39' 52.9"||114.50 mi||South||770.74 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Sun 4:34 AM||1218 km||757 miles||658 nm||WSW|
|Bridgetown||Sun 4:34 AM||1231 km||765 miles||665 nm||SW|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Sun 4:34 AM||1251 km||778 miles||676 nm||WSW|
|Roseau||Sun 4:34 AM||1252 km||778 miles||676 nm||WSW|
|Fort-de-France||Sun 4:34 AM||1260 km||783 miles||680 nm||WSW|
|Castries||Sun 4:34 AM||1288 km||800 miles||695 nm||WSW|
|Basseterre (St. Kitts)||Sun 4:34 AM||1301 km||809 miles||703 nm||WSW|
|Kingstown||Sun 4:34 AM||1363 km||847 miles||736 nm||WSW|
|Saint George's||Sun 4:34 AM||1483 km||922 miles||801 nm||SW|
|Port of Spain||Sun 4:34 AM||1566 km||973 miles||846 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.