Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 09:10:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 59%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:19 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:34 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 09:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.27 meters/second, 1516.6 km/hour, 942.4 miles/hour or 818.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.71 mi||west||0° 00' 03.0"||0.06 mi||south||15.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 44.4"||942.12 mi||west||0° 03' 07.4"||3.58 mi||south||942.28 mi|
|24 hours||11° 40' 50.3"||758.37 mi||east||1° 41' 17.1"||116.12 mi||south||771.15 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Codrington (Barbuda)||Sun 5:10 AM||360 km||224 miles||194 nm||SW|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Sun 5:10 AM||409 km||254 miles||221 nm||SSW|
|The Valley||Sun 5:10 AM||413 km||257 miles||223 nm||WSW|
|Gustavia||Sun 5:10 AM||416 km||258 miles||224 nm||SW|
|Marigot||Sun 5:10 AM||424 km||264 miles||229 nm||WSW|
|Basseterre (St. Kitts)||Sun 5:10 AM||450 km||279 miles||243 nm||SW|
|Brades||Sun 5:10 AM||462 km||287 miles||249 nm||SW|
|Pointe-à-Pitre||Sun 5:10 AM||479 km||298 miles||259 nm||SSW|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Sun 5:10 AM||512 km||318 miles||277 nm||SSW|
|Road Town||Sun 5:10 AM||549 km||341 miles||296 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.