Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 09:10:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 59%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 09:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.27 meters/second, 1516.6 km/hour, 942.4 miles/hour or 818.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.71 mi||west||0° 00' 03.0"||0.06 mi||south||15.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 44.4"||942.04 mi||west||0° 03' 07.3"||3.58 mi||south||942.21 mi|
|24 hours||11° 40' 50.5"||758.32 mi||east||1° 41' 14.6"||116.07 mi||south||771.08 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Codrington (Barbuda)||Sun 5:10 AM||378 km||235 miles||204 nm||SW|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Sun 5:10 AM||425 km||264 miles||229 nm||SW|
|The Valley||Sun 5:10 AM||438 km||272 miles||236 nm||WSW|
|Gustavia||Sun 5:10 AM||438 km||272 miles||237 nm||SW|
|Marigot||Sun 5:10 AM||448 km||278 miles||242 nm||WSW|
|Basseterre (St. Kitts)||Sun 5:10 AM||470 km||292 miles||254 nm||SW|
|Brades||Sun 5:10 AM||478 km||297 miles||258 nm||SW|
|Pointe-à-Pitre||Sun 5:10 AM||491 km||305 miles||265 nm||SSW|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Sun 5:10 AM||525 km||326 miles||283 nm||SSW|
|Road Town||Sun 5:10 AM||576 km||358 miles||311 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.