Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 9:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 59%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 09:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 421.29 meters/second, 1516.7 kilometres/hour, 942.4 miles/hour or 818.9 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.71 mi||West||0° 00' 03.0"||0.06 mi||South||15.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 44.4"||942.10 mi||West||0° 03' 08.2"||3.60 mi||South||942.26 mi|
|24 hours||11° 40' 49.1"||758.34 mi||East||1° 41' 37.2"||116.50 mi||South||771.18 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|The Valley||Sun 5:20 AM||252 km||157 miles||136 nm||SSW|
|Marigot||Sun 5:20 AM||268 km||167 miles||145 nm||SSW|
|Philipsburg||Sun 5:20 AM||270 km||168 miles||146 nm||SSW|
|Gustavia||Sun 5:20 AM||275 km||171 miles||149 nm||SSW|
|Codrington (Barbuda)||Sun 5:20 AM||285 km||177 miles||154 nm||S|
|The Bottom||Sun 5:20 AM||320 km||199 miles||173 nm||SSW|
|Oranjestad||Sun 5:20 AM||322 km||200 miles||174 nm||SSW|
|Spanish Town||Sun 5:20 AM||330 km||205 miles||178 nm||SW|
|Basseterre (St. Kitts)||Sun 5:20 AM||334 km||208 miles||180 nm||SSW|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Sun 5:20 AM||342 km||213 miles||185 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.