Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 10:10:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 59%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 10:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.41 meters/second, 1517.1 km/hour, 942.7 miles/hour or 819.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.71 mi||West||0° 00' 03.1"||0.06 mi||South||15.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 44.6"||942.36 mi||West||0° 03' 13.1"||3.69 mi||South||942.53 mi|
|24 hours||11° 40' 42.4"||758.43 mi||East||1° 43' 30.7"||118.66 mi||South||771.66 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gonaïves *||Sun 6:10 AM||158 km||98 miles||85 nm||ESE|
|Labadee *||Sun 6:10 AM||187 km||116 miles||101 nm||ESE|
|Cap-Haïtien *||Sun 6:10 AM||193 km||120 miles||104 nm||ESE|
|Santiago de Cuba *||Sun 6:10 AM||193 km||120 miles||104 nm||W|
|Port-au-Prince *||Sun 6:10 AM||249 km||155 miles||135 nm||SE|
|Holguín *||Sun 6:10 AM||250 km||155 miles||135 nm||WNW|
|Providenciales *||Sun 6:10 AM||254 km||158 miles||137 nm||NE|
|San Juan de la Maguana||Sun 6:10 AM||327 km||203 miles||176 nm||ESE|
|Cockburn Town *||Sun 6:10 AM||329 km||205 miles||178 nm||ENE|
|Puerto Plata||Sun 6:10 AM||348 km||216 miles||188 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.