Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 10:36:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 58%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:19 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:34 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 10:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.48 meters/second, 1517.3 km/hour, 942.8 miles/hour or 819.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.71 mi||west||0° 00' 03.1"||0.06 mi||south||15.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 44.7"||942.51 mi||west||0° 03' 15.7"||3.74 mi||south||942.68 mi|
|24 hours||11° 40' 38.5"||758.47 mi||east||1° 44' 31.9"||119.84 mi||south||771.92 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|George Town (Cayman)||Sun 5:36 AM||125 km||78 miles||68 nm||SW|
|Santa Clara *||Sun 6:36 AM||258 km||160 miles||139 nm||NNE|
|Camagüey *||Sun 6:36 AM||306 km||190 miles||165 nm||ENE|
|Montego Bay||Sun 5:36 AM||333 km||207 miles||180 nm||ESE|
|Havana *||Sun 6:36 AM||382 km||237 miles||206 nm||NNW|
|Pinar del Río *||Sun 6:36 AM||412 km||256 miles||223 nm||NW|
|May Pen||Sun 5:36 AM||423 km||263 miles||228 nm||SE|
|Holguín *||Sun 6:36 AM||455 km||283 miles||246 nm||E|
|Kingston||Sun 5:36 AM||462 km||287 miles||249 nm||ESE|
|Santiago de Cuba *||Sun 6:36 AM||494 km||307 miles||267 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.