Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 10:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 58%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 10:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.47 meters/second, 1517.3 km/hour, 942.8 miles/hour or 819.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.71 mi||West||0° 00' 03.1"||0.06 mi||South||15.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 44.7"||942.50 mi||West||0° 03' 15.6"||3.74 mi||South||942.67 mi|
|24 hours||11° 40' 38.8"||758.47 mi||East||1° 44' 29.5"||119.79 mi||South||771.91 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|George Town (Cayman)||Sun 5:36 AM||149 km||92 miles||80 nm||SW|
|Santa Clara *||Sun 6:36 AM||253 km||157 miles||136 nm||N|
|Camagüey *||Sun 6:36 AM||281 km||175 miles||152 nm||ENE|
|Montego Bay||Sun 5:36 AM||310 km||193 miles||167 nm||SE|
|Havana *||Sun 6:36 AM||396 km||246 miles||214 nm||NNW|
|May Pen||Sun 5:36 AM||400 km||249 miles||216 nm||SE|
|Holguín *||Sun 6:36 AM||427 km||265 miles||231 nm||ENE|
|Pinar del Río *||Sun 6:36 AM||435 km||270 miles||235 nm||NW|
|Kingston||Sun 5:36 AM||438 km||272 miles||236 nm||ESE|
|Santiago de Cuba *||Sun 6:36 AM||466 km||289 miles||251 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.