Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 11:46:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 58%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 11:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.65 meters/second, 1517.9 km/hour, 943.2 miles/hour or 819.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.72 mi||West||0° 00' 03.2"||0.06 mi||South||15.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 44.9"||942.89 mi||West||0° 03' 22.3"||3.87 mi||South||943.07 mi|
|24 hours||11° 40' 28.9"||758.60 mi||East||1° 47' 07.6"||122.81 mi||South||772.60 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Veracruz *||Sun 6:46 AM||148 km||92 miles||80 nm||SE|
|Puebla *||Sun 6:46 AM||152 km||94 miles||82 nm||SW|
|Tizayuca *||Sun 6:46 AM||187 km||116 miles||101 nm||W|
|Mexico City *||Sun 6:46 AM||214 km||133 miles||116 nm||WSW|
|Cuernavaca *||Sun 6:46 AM||247 km||153 miles||133 nm||WSW|
|Querétaro *||Sun 6:46 AM||337 km||210 miles||182 nm||W|
|Oaxaca *||Sun 6:46 AM||338 km||210 miles||182 nm||S|
|San Luis Potosi *||Sun 6:46 AM||453 km||282 miles||245 nm||WNW|
|Acapulco *||Sun 6:46 AM||459 km||285 miles||248 nm||SW|
|Santa María Huatulco *||Sun 6:46 AM||480 km||298 miles||259 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.