Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 12:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 58%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 12:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.77 meters/second, 1518.4 km/hour, 943.5 miles/hour or 819.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.72 mi||West||0° 00' 03.3"||0.07 mi||South||15.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 45.2"||943.18 mi||West||0° 03' 27.1"||3.96 mi||South||943.36 mi|
|24 hours||11° 40' 21.9"||758.70 mi||East||1° 49' 00.4"||124.96 mi||South||773.10 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Puerto Vallarta *||Sun 7:36 AM||430 km||267 miles||232 nm||E|
|Mazatlan *||Sun 6:36 AM||462 km||287 miles||250 nm||NE|
|Tepic *||Sun 6:36 AM||487 km||303 miles||263 nm||ENE|
|Colima *||Sun 7:36 AM||592 km||368 miles||319 nm||E|
|Guadalajara *||Sun 7:36 AM||626 km||389 miles||338 nm||E|
|Durango *||Sun 7:36 AM||651 km||405 miles||352 nm||NE|
|Aguascalientes *||Sun 7:36 AM||757 km||470 miles||409 nm||ENE|
|Leon *||Sun 7:36 AM||804 km||499 miles||434 nm||E|
|San Luis Potosi *||Sun 7:36 AM||896 km||557 miles||484 nm||ENE|
|Chihuahua *||Sun 6:36 AM||1009 km||627 miles||545 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.