Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 1:10:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 58%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 13:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.86 meters/second, 1518.7 km/hour, 943.7 miles/hour or 820.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.73 mi||West||0° 00' 03.4"||0.07 mi||South||15.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 45.4"||943.37 mi||West||0° 03' 30.4"||4.02 mi||South||943.56 mi|
|24 hours||11° 40' 16.9"||758.77 mi||East||1° 50' 16.9"||126.42 mi||South||773.45 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mazatlan *||Sun 7:10 AM||1204 km||748 miles||650 nm||ENE|
|Hermosillo||Sun 6:10 AM||1206 km||749 miles||651 nm||NNE|
|Puerto Vallarta *||Sun 8:10 AM||1285 km||799 miles||694 nm||E|
|Tijuana *||Sun 6:10 AM||1389 km||863 miles||750 nm||N|
|San Diego *||Sun 6:10 AM||1409 km||876 miles||761 nm||N|
|Mexicali *||Sun 6:10 AM||1415 km||880 miles||764 nm||N|
|Guadalajara *||Sun 8:10 AM||1482 km||921 miles||800 nm||E|
|Los Angeles *||Sun 6:10 AM||1558 km||968 miles||841 nm||N|
|Phoenix||Sun 6:10 AM||1585 km||985 miles||856 nm||NNE|
|Aguascalientes *||Sun 8:10 AM||1597 km||992 miles||862 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.