Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 1:20:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 57%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 13:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.89 meters/second, 1518.8 km/hour, 943.7 miles/hour or 820.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.73 mi||West||0° 00' 03.4"||0.07 mi||South||15.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 45.4"||943.43 mi||West||0° 03' 31.3"||4.04 mi||South||943.62 mi|
|24 hours||11° 40' 15.5"||758.79 mi||East||1° 50' 39.3"||126.85 mi||South||773.55 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hermosillo||Sun 6:20 AM||1357 km||843 miles||733 nm||NE|
|Tijuana *||Sun 6:20 AM||1419 km||882 miles||766 nm||N|
|San Diego *||Sun 6:20 AM||1437 km||893 miles||776 nm||N|
|Mazatlan *||Sun 7:20 AM||1445 km||898 miles||780 nm||ENE|
|Mexicali *||Sun 6:20 AM||1471 km||914 miles||794 nm||NNE|
|Los Angeles *||Sun 6:20 AM||1567 km||974 miles||846 nm||N|
|Phoenix||Sun 6:20 AM||1683 km||1046 miles||909 nm||NNE|
|Guadalajara *||Sun 8:20 AM||1734 km||1077 miles||936 nm||E|
|Aguascalientes *||Sun 8:20 AM||1847 km||1148 miles||997 nm||E|
|Las Vegas *||Sun 6:20 AM||1849 km||1149 miles||999 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.