Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 1:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 57%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 13:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.92 meters/second, 1518.9 km/hour, 943.8 miles/hour or 820.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.73 mi||West||0° 00' 03.4"||0.07 mi||South||15.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 45.4"||943.51 mi||West||0° 03' 32.8"||4.07 mi||South||943.70 mi|
|24 hours||11° 40' 13.5"||758.82 mi||East||1° 51' 10.8"||127.45 mi||South||773.69 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tijuana *||Sun 6:34 AM||1525 km||948 miles||824 nm||NNE|
|San Diego *||Sun 6:34 AM||1539 km||956 miles||831 nm||NNE|
|Mexicali *||Sun 6:34 AM||1607 km||999 miles||868 nm||NNE|
|Hermosillo||Sun 6:34 AM||1607 km||999 miles||868 nm||NE|
|Los Angeles *||Sun 6:34 AM||1638 km||1018 miles||884 nm||NNE|
|Mazatlan *||Sun 7:34 AM||1787 km||1110 miles||965 nm||ENE|
|Phoenix||Sun 6:34 AM||1863 km||1158 miles||1006 nm||NE|
|San Jose (USA) *||Sun 6:34 AM||1929 km||1199 miles||1042 nm||N|
|Las Vegas *||Sun 6:34 AM||1961 km||1218 miles||1059 nm||NNE|
|San Francisco *||Sun 6:34 AM||1975 km||1227 miles||1066 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.