Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 3:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 57%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 15:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.25 meters/second, 1520.1 km/hour, 944.6 miles/hour or 820.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.74 mi||West||0° 00' 03.7"||0.07 mi||South||15.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 46.0"||944.25 mi||West||0° 03' 44.4"||4.29 mi||South||944.45 mi|
|24 hours||11° 39' 55.5"||759.07 mi||East||1° 55' 44.1"||132.67 mi||South||774.96 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hilo||Sun 5:36 AM||235 km||146 miles||127 nm||W|
|Wailuku||Sun 5:36 AM||399 km||248 miles||216 nm||WNW|
|Honolulu||Sun 5:36 AM||547 km||340 miles||295 nm||WNW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 5:36 AM||2049 km||1273 miles||1106 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Sun 4:36 AM||2655 km||1650 miles||1434 nm||WNW|
|Baker Island||Sun 3:36 AM||3372 km||2095 miles||1821 nm||SW|
|San Francisco *||Sun 8:36 AM||3546 km||2204 miles||1915 nm||NE|
|Los Angeles *||Sun 8:36 AM||3753 km||2332 miles||2026 nm||ENE|
|Fakaofo||Mon 4:36 AM||3807 km||2366 miles||2056 nm||SSW|
|Unalaska *||Sun 7:36 AM||3952 km||2456 miles||2134 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.