Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 4:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 56%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 16:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.45 meters/second, 1520.8 km/hour, 945.0 miles/hour or 821.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.75 mi||West||0° 00' 03.7"||0.07 mi||South||15.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 46.3"||944.69 mi||West||0° 03' 51.1"||4.42 mi||South||944.89 mi|
|24 hours||11° 39' 44.8"||759.23 mi||East||1° 58' 20.4"||135.66 mi||South||775.71 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Midway||Sun 5:46 AM||1212 km||753 miles||654 nm||NW|
|Honolulu||Sun 6:46 AM||1254 km||779 miles||677 nm||E|
|Baker Island||Sun 4:46 AM||2287 km||1421 miles||1235 nm||SSW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 6:46 AM||2400 km||1492 miles||1296 nm||SE|
|Majuro||Mon 4:46 AM||2473 km||1537 miles||1335 nm||WSW|
|Wake Island||Mon 4:46 AM||2473 km||1537 miles||1335 nm||W|
|Tarawa||Mon 4:46 AM||2765 km||1718 miles||1493 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Mon 5:46 AM||3228 km||2006 miles||1743 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Mon 4:46 AM||3356 km||2085 miles||1812 nm||SSW|
|Yaren||Mon 4:46 AM||3395 km||2109 miles||1833 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.