Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 17:46:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 56%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:19 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:34 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 17:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.62 meters/second, 1521.4 km/hour, 945.4 miles/hour or 821.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.76 mi||west||0° 00' 03.8"||0.07 mi||south||15.76 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 46.7"||945.15 mi||west||0° 03' 56.9"||4.53 mi||south||945.35 mi|
|24 hours||348° 20' 24.4"||759.42 mi||west||2° 00' 36.4"||138.27 mi||south||776.43 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Mon 5:46 AM||925 km||574 miles||499 nm||W|
|Midway||Sun 6:46 AM||1191 km||740 miles||643 nm||NE|
|Majuro||Mon 5:46 AM||1464 km||910 miles||791 nm||SSW|
|Tarawa||Mon 5:46 AM||2042 km||1269 miles||1103 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Sun 5:46 AM||2332 km||1449 miles||1259 nm||SSE|
|Palikir||Mon 4:46 AM||2343 km||1456 miles||1265 nm||SW|
|Yaren||Mon 5:46 AM||2426 km||1507 miles||1310 nm||SSW|
|Honolulu||Sun 7:46 AM||2787 km||1732 miles||1505 nm||E|
|Funafuti||Mon 5:46 AM||3150 km||1957 miles||1701 nm||S|
|Hagåtña||Mon 3:46 AM||3342 km||2077 miles||1805 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.