Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 5:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 56%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 17:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.62 meters/second, 1521.4 km/hour, 945.4 miles/hour or 821.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.76 mi||West||0° 00' 03.8"||0.07 mi||South||15.76 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 46.7"||945.08 mi||West||0° 03' 56.9"||4.53 mi||South||945.28 mi|
|24 hours||348° 20' 24.2"||759.37 mi||West||2° 00' 34.0"||138.21 mi||South||776.36 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Mon 5:46 AM||953 km||592 miles||514 nm||W|
|Midway||Sun 6:46 AM||1174 km||730 miles||634 nm||NE|
|Majuro||Mon 5:46 AM||1474 km||916 miles||796 nm||SSW|
|Tarawa||Mon 5:46 AM||2046 km||1271 miles||1105 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Sun 5:46 AM||2322 km||1443 miles||1254 nm||SSE|
|Palikir||Mon 4:46 AM||2367 km||1471 miles||1278 nm||SW|
|Yaren||Mon 5:46 AM||2437 km||1515 miles||1316 nm||SSW|
|Honolulu||Sun 7:46 AM||2759 km||1714 miles||1490 nm||E|
|Funafuti||Mon 5:46 AM||3147 km||1955 miles||1699 nm||S|
|Hagåtña||Mon 3:46 AM||3370 km||2094 miles||1820 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.