Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 5:56:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 56%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 17:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.65 meters/second, 1521.5 km/hour, 945.4 miles/hour or 821.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.76 mi||West||0° 00' 03.8"||0.07 mi||South||15.76 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 46.7"||945.14 mi||West||0° 03' 57.8"||4.54 mi||South||945.35 mi|
|24 hours||348° 20' 25.8"||759.39 mi||West||2° 00' 56.2"||138.63 mi||South||776.47 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Mon 5:56 AM||699 km||435 miles||378 nm||W|
|Midway||Sun 6:56 AM||1337 km||831 miles||722 nm||NE|
|Majuro||Mon 5:56 AM||1411 km||877 miles||762 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Mon 5:56 AM||2024 km||1257 miles||1093 nm||S|
|Palikir||Mon 4:56 AM||2162 km||1344 miles||1168 nm||SW|
|Yaren||Mon 5:56 AM||2346 km||1458 miles||1267 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Sun 5:56 AM||2430 km||1510 miles||1312 nm||SSE|
|Honolulu||Sun 7:56 AM||3010 km||1870 miles||1625 nm||E|
|Hagåtña||Mon 3:56 AM||3119 km||1938 miles||1684 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Mon 5:56 AM||3189 km||1981 miles||1722 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.