Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 6:26:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 55%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 18:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.74 meters/second, 1521.8 km/hour, 945.6 miles/hour or 821.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.76 mi||West||0° 00' 04.0"||0.08 mi||South||15.76 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 46.9"||945.34 mi||West||0° 04' 00.6"||4.60 mi||South||945.54 mi|
|24 hours||11° 39' 29.5"||759.46 mi||East||2° 02' 02.8"||139.90 mi||South||776.80 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Mon 6:26 AM||77 km||48 miles||42 nm||SE|
|Majuro||Mon 6:26 AM||1507 km||937 miles||814 nm||SSE|
|Palikir||Mon 5:26 AM||1648 km||1024 miles||890 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Sun 7:26 AM||1932 km||1201 miles||1043 nm||ENE|
|Tarawa||Mon 6:26 AM||2157 km||1341 miles||1165 nm||SSE|
|Yaren||Mon 6:26 AM||2239 km||1391 miles||1209 nm||S|
|Hagåtña||Mon 4:26 AM||2371 km||1473 miles||1280 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Sun 6:26 AM||2877 km||1788 miles||1554 nm||SE|
|Tokyo||Mon 3:26 AM||3130 km||1945 miles||1690 nm||NW|
|Honiara||Mon 5:26 AM||3288 km||2043 miles||1775 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.