Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 6:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 55%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 18:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 422.76 meters/second, 1521.9 kilometres/hour, 945.7 miles/hour or 821.8 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.76 mi||West||0° 00' 04.0"||0.08 mi||South||15.76 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 46.9"||945.39 mi||West||0° 04' 01.3"||4.61 mi||South||945.60 mi|
|24 hours||11° 39' 28.3"||759.48 mi||East||2° 02' 20.6"||140.24 mi||South||776.89 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Mon 6:34 AM||270 km||168 miles||146 nm||E|
|Palikir||Mon 5:34 AM||1550 km||963 miles||837 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Mon 6:34 AM||1598 km||993 miles||863 nm||SSE|
|Midway||Sun 7:34 AM||2106 km||1309 miles||1137 nm||ENE|
|Hagåtña||Mon 4:34 AM||2174 km||1351 miles||1174 nm||WSW|
|Tarawa||Mon 6:34 AM||2239 km||1392 miles||1209 nm||SSE|
|Yaren||Mon 6:34 AM||2257 km||1402 miles||1219 nm||S|
|Tokyo||Mon 3:34 AM||2977 km||1850 miles||1608 nm||NW|
|Baker Island||Sun 6:34 AM||3021 km||1877 miles||1631 nm||SE|
|Honiara||Mon 5:34 AM||3250 km||2020 miles||1755 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.