Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 6:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 55%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 18:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.79 meters/second, 1522.1 km/hour, 945.8 miles/hour or 821.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.76 mi||West||0° 00' 04.0"||0.08 mi||South||15.76 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 47.0"||945.47 mi||West||0° 04' 02.5"||4.64 mi||South||945.68 mi|
|24 hours||11° 39' 26.5"||759.51 mi||East||2° 02' 47.2"||140.75 mi||South||777.02 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Mon 6:46 AM||573 km||356 miles||310 nm||E|
|Palikir||Mon 5:46 AM||1447 km||899 miles||781 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Mon 6:46 AM||1773 km||1101 miles||957 nm||SE|
|Hagåtña||Mon 4:46 AM||1883 km||1170 miles||1016 nm||WSW|
|Yaren||Mon 6:46 AM||2320 km||1442 miles||1253 nm||SSE|
|Midway||Sun 7:46 AM||2373 km||1475 miles||1282 nm||ENE|
|Tarawa||Mon 6:46 AM||2392 km||1486 miles||1292 nm||SE|
|Tokyo||Mon 3:46 AM||2756 km||1712 miles||1488 nm||NW|
|Melekeok||Mon 3:46 AM||3168 km||1969 miles||1711 nm||WSW|
|Honiara||Mon 5:46 AM||3220 km||2001 miles||1739 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.