Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 7:00:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 55%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 19:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.84 meters/second, 1522.2 km/hour, 945.9 miles/hour or 821.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.76 mi||West||0° 00' 04.0"||0.08 mi||South||15.76 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 47.0"||945.56 mi||West||0° 04' 03.9"||4.66 mi||South||945.77 mi|
|24 hours||11° 39' 24.3"||759.55 mi||East||2° 03' 18.2"||141.34 mi||South||777.18 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Mon 7:00 AM||928 km||577 miles||501 nm||E|
|Palikir||Mon 6:00 AM||1407 km||875 miles||760 nm||S|
|Hagåtña||Mon 5:00 AM||1551 km||964 miles||838 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Mon 7:00 AM||2019 km||1255 miles||1090 nm||SE|
|Yaren||Mon 7:00 AM||2444 km||1519 miles||1320 nm||SSE|
|Yokohama||Mon 4:00 AM||2505 km||1557 miles||1353 nm||NW|
|Tokyo||Mon 4:00 AM||2513 km||1562 miles||1357 nm||NW|
|Tarawa||Mon 7:00 AM||2608 km||1620 miles||1408 nm||SE|
|Midway||Sun 8:00 AM||2692 km||1673 miles||1454 nm||ENE|
|Melekeok||Mon 4:00 AM||2841 km||1765 miles||1534 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.